Request to visitors
<Announcement of reopening>
After reopening, the museum will adhere to relevant guidelines and take necessary measures to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. We ask for your understanding regarding inconveniences during this time.
[Notices to Visitors]
We ask for your cooperation and understanding on the following points:
- Please refrain from taking photographs inside the exhibitions and public areas, except in exhibitions where signs specifically state that photography is allowed.
- If you wish to take notes inside the exhibition spaces, please do not use a pen. Pencils can be borrowed at the reception desks.
- Eating and drinking is strictly prohibited inside the exhibition spaces. Please eat and drink only in designated areas.
- Temperature and humidity inside the exhibition spaces are set to conserve the works, and may feel too cool or warm depending on the season. We ask for your understanding.
- In some cases, lighting in the exhibition space may be set quite low. This is done to conserve the works. We understand the light may feel too low but ask for your understanding.
- Please do not touch the works or walls.
- Please refrain from speaking on your phone in the exhibition spaces and public areas.
- Please keep your voice low when speaking in the exhibition spaces or halls and be considerate of other visitors.
- Please put large backpacks and luggage into the lockers at various places inside the museum. A 100-yen coin is required and is returned after use.
- To preserve the correct conditions for preservation of photographic works, please do not bring any of the following into the museum: live flowers, raw foods, anything with strong smells and items that could pose danger to others.
- The entire museum is non-smoking. Please do not smoke anywhere in the museum.
- If the museum becomes very crowded, it may be necessary to impose entry restrictions. We ask for your cooperation and understanding in advance.
- Please follow any other directions that may be given by museum staff.